Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Read for Convenience

Hey there everybody. So I've been listening to this cool band lately, which was brought to my attention by the ever hip Luke Rutherford. They are a folk-pop duo called the Kings of Convenience. Hailing from Bergen, Norway, they combine soothing voices and simple melodies with acoustic guitar to create an intoxicating sound. Very smooth stuff. Yacht rock anyone?

Here is a video of their song "I'd Rather Dance With You".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9r9sQ6PHOM

Hey, check them out. They do a good job of combining a retro sound with a new indie flair. My only complaint is that the softness of the music can get a bit tiresome. I sometimes wish (upon a star, obviously) that they had some songs where they had a little anger and passion in their voice. Maybe they do and I just haven't found them yet. Anyway, Kings of Convenience are definitely worth giving a shot. And I promise it'll at least go down smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment