Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Yacht Rock

Ok, new goal is to do one blog post every week. Will i succeed at this, or fail miserably? I know everyone out there is really concerned about this problem. Anyway, on with the blogging.


As I was listening to Jason Mraz today in my Media Law class today, I suddenly remembered something my sister had told me about him. Apparently much of his inspiration draws from the genre of Yacht Rock, which is one of my personal favorites too. To explain the legend of Yacht Rock, the first step is to watch this video...

http://www.channel101.com/shows/view.php?media_id=2333

This is part of a series of funny videos about the legend of Yacht Rock. Hilarious, especially the guy who plays Kenny Loggins.

Still, these videos can't show what a different time it was back then. It was a time when sailing was romantic, smooth jazz was king, and soft rock artists wrote beautiful songs about love and life. Hey, maybe some of it got a little cheesy, but that's part of its appeal. So, in remembrance of this lost time, I recommend lounging in an aquatic environment, mixing up a bahama mama and some quesadillas, and popping in some Doobie Brothers or Steely Dan, all helping you sail through at least one night with no problems.

Happy Sailing!

No comments:

Post a Comment