Friday, October 1, 2010

A Heart Full of Holes



That picture reminds me of something that I started back in my sophomore year of college. It was called "Mark Knopfler Mondays", and consisted of dressing like Mark Knopfler on every monday, no matter where you went. This usually consisted of wearing something 80's like a tank top and jeans. The key item, though, was the sweatband that he consistently rocked during his concerts. I got some friends into this, and we definitely got some weird looks while we were wearing our head bands around campus.

I recently acquired one of Knopfler's solo albums, Kill to Get Crimson.
My favorites are:
True Love Will Never Fade
Heart Full of Holes
Secondary Waltz



Another classic song from Bobby Womack:
Across 110th Street





Also check out the new band Highlife and album Best Bless (album cover above)

Next post will focus on some outdoor adventures, with a guest appearance by Mitch

Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment